Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mom's Visit So Far

Alright, so Mom arrived on Sunday evening, and it's been a pretty cool visit so far.

After only a few days, she's already been to the camel racetrack, watching a herd of camels being herded by SUVs.

She's toured the new Tilal hotel (and had supper there).

Najat is one of my favourite teachers.... I'm rocking my Emirati kandura in this photo...

She got a special breakfast from my teachers (2 kinds of foule, falafel, hummus and bread). She helped us host a wine and cheese (and she even cleaned up afterwards!).

An awesome group shot of some of the teachers in front of my school. The one in the purple, on the far right, is Gharam, who I've been working with for a year. The lady who is completely covered in black is Mira, the Principal. Aziza, another of my wonderful English teachers, is standing just in front of the principal, also wearing black. You can see my Mom poking her head out on the left.

And last night, she and I got to hang out at my principal's "farm" (like Bedouin tents in the desert, with sheep and camels and stuff).

A very friendly camel!!

Today, we are off to Dubai for a few days.... with more photos to come!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! It sounds like you guys are having a blast. Tell Mrs. Virginia a.k.a. Virginia's Mum to take loads of photos to show me over tea when she gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun. I want to all of this too. Do you think they can redo the camel festival for me?
    Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  3. tell mom it's f'ing cold here in the great white north and we'll see her in a couple weeks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! It's cold here too! Well, relatively. Not -20, but cool enough for long sleeves.

    ReplyDelete