Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Update on moving...

As was so poignantly noted in one of the comments of my previous post, it has taken longer than 2 days for me/us to update you all about the big move.

Now, as I blog surrepticiously from work (I'm sure nobody is noticing my intent stare on the monitor coupled with my flying fingers), it's occured to me that I might be better off writing in point form... here goes:
  • The apartment is on the 2nd floor, which means it's on the 3rd floor because the ground floor is actually the 1st floor;
  • There are 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, a living room, a kitchen and a loooong hallway for kitties to run down;
  • The best part is having Jakob and Sonagi back;
  • Yes, I said THREE bathrooms. And each bathroom has a bidet/face washer/foot cleaner/cat waterer thing in it;
  • It's all lovely, easy-to-clean tiles, central A/C, and the former tenant's "furniture", which was basically cushions and a coffee-table made of scrap wood;
  • Yes, we are going to IKEA this weekend....
  • I know, like, the cats get their own bathroom, just because we can't think of a single logical reason why one apartment needs three bathrooms.
  • I am walking to work (30 minutes) every morning in the "cool morning air" (think high 20s) in an effort to counter the effects of 4 months of hotel life, i.e. buffets;
  • Our TV (also from the former tenant) has the best channels ever.... Animal Planet, Nat Geo Adventure, Travel, BBC Lifestyle, the Style Network. We have about 400 other Arabic channels, so let me know if you want to know what "Baghdadia" is all about;
  • We'll start painting, Inshallah, this evening;
  • We've been socializing more in the past few days than we did in the past month - the whole building is filled with CfBT employees.
  • Three floors of apartments x 6 apartments per floor x 3 bathrooms per apartment = a lot of bathrooms for one little apartment building.
  • There are HUGE windows in the living room - and the other day, a wild falcon landed on the outside ledge and stared at me!
  • We also have a liquor license - meaning we can legally buy and transport alcohol. We spent so much on our first liquor store visit (it's up in Abu Dhabi so you have to stock up for a month, literally, you have a limit for the month that you can spend) that they gave us a free case of beer;

Yes.... we will upload a few photos soon. We just wanted to let you all know what's going on these days.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah!! I get my own bathroom when we come to visit!! (Does this mean that you're going to clean behind three toilets when Dave and I come?) What do you say to a visit in March?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi its Mom You are the only person I know who gets a liquor license before (or instead of) a drivers license.

    Have fun at IKEA. So happy for you with your new home. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am a man and therefore the world is my urinal so bathrooms don't impress me much, but I'm glad to hear you are settled and happy...

    alan

    ReplyDelete
  4. no, seriously, it makes the grass grow

    alan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotto be better than here in Yeosu where you have the toilet/sink /shower in a metre square. So stop complaining.
    Happy to see you have moved in to your new apartment. Now "V" just because Ty is the house husband domestic duties need to be shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome you guys are in your new place.

    ~Zacheu

    Ps I have a new website.

    www.thehempberries.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heya all and thanks for the comments. I 100% agree that it's better to have too many bathrooms than the Korean shower/toilet cube.

    Will post photos soon....

    xoxo

    p.s. Okay Al, if you ever visit, you get your own bathroom too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg the apt. sounds AMAZING! 3 bathrooms??? almost all the houses in the states don't even have 3 bathrooms!!! lol you're certainly livin' the life! at least when it comes to bathrooms...lol

    ReplyDelete